TalkDog sees the value of "something greater" in life through the relationship with pets.
TalkDog is an online-based Youth club for kids who love their pets wish to share their experiences and resources.
반려견과 함께 생활하는 가족들과의 정보와 경험을 나누고자 하는 마음에 마련한 공간 "TalkDog" 입니다. 반려견과 생활하는 청소년들과 더 많은 관심 환영합니다
Three A’s to assist your older dog
Aging is a natural process for all living things, including your dogs. Here are the three tips that can help dog owners to support their older dogs’ physical and mental changes.
Taking consistent notes on older dogs helps keep track of their health.
· A list of things to be aware of includes:
o eating disorders(overeating, undereating)
o breathing rate(panting, heavy breathing)
o teeth problems (toothache, gum problems, tartar buildup, inflamed gums)
o eye problems (red eye, dry eye, eye inflammation)
o slowness or discomfort in mobility
o hair and skin condition (small bumps, rash, dry skin)
· Do not forget to check the condition of your dog's poop. It's color, content, consistency, and coating.
Adjusting the dog’s diet, environment, and both mental and physical exercises based on their health conditions.
· Dental hygiene, a balanced diet and drinking water, mental and physical exercise, and frequent vet checks are some things owners can adjust for older dog’s needs.
· Keeping a dog walk routine at the same time of the day is essential, and maintaining a short distance or making frequent stops if your dog has any difficulties.
· The walking trails need to be suitable for the dogs’ conditions. Avoid too slippery or bumpy grounds.
· Check the temperature outdoors before heading out for a walk. Avoid walking your dog during the heat of the day, and consider making walks shorter.
· Owners can also adjust the environment for the needs of their dogs. Ramps may be useful for dogs with joint issues, and a harness and a comfy bed can lessen the distress caused to the dog.
Patience and love are the key factors in companionship between dogs and their owners.
· Patience is essential in training dogs. Especially for newly adopted older dogs, dogs usually need time to adapt to their new environment.
· Older dogs face many challenges, and it takes more affection than usual for the owners to help them cope with those challenges and live the best life they can.
· Show your dog affection every day.
Keep your dog healthy, happy, and safe with three A’s.
· About TalkDog
TalkDog is an online-based youth club for moms (or dads), and kids who love their pets wish to share their experiences and resources.
TalkDog's Guide was made by Justin Seo, president of TalkDog, to promote the awareness of older dogs' physical and mental changes.
· Contact Information
Three P‘s to care for your puppies
Puppies bring unconditional love and responsibilities to your family.
Here are the three tips that can help dog owners to teach and care for their puppies’ health and happiness.
The best way to care for your new puppy is to take preventive measures.
Schedule checkups and vaccinations with your vet regularly to prevent serious diseases.
*Checklist for your puppy’s health
Daily teeth brushing with toothpaste is essential to improve the hygiene of the dog. This also prevents tartar buildup.
Weekly ear cleaning after showering using separate cotton wool is recommended, and it can also remove stinks from the ear.
A few minutes of daily grooming and thorough weekly grooming would be adequate.
Untrimmed nails are easily breakable and can cause infections. Longer nails might also harm the house floor and objects. Monthly nail trimming is necessary.
Check daily for red eyes, and any sleeps in your dog’s eyes.
If your puppy has runny nose, or dry nose, consult with your vet to prevent severe disease.
Dog parenting helps to form a lasting relationship with your puppy through various training.
*Types of training help dog owners
Put your puppy on a regular feeding schedule. Take a puppy outside to potty after he eats, drinks, or wakes from a nap. Use potty pads indoors.
The key to potty training is patience, planning, and plenty of positive reinforcement.
· Leash training
Let your puppy wear a collar/harness and leash inside before going outdoors.
Walk your puppy training collar first, then training off-leash walking.
Make the first few walks shorter, and remember to be patient. When your puppy obeys, reward the
a puppy with small treats.
· Basic command-word training
Command words such as come, sit, stay, and down can help manage a puppy’s behavior problems.
This training will also keep your puppy afe and under control in any situation.
· Play training
Some playful activities (indoors and outdoors), including shaking hands, roll over, special tricks, and retrieving objects (toys), build a special bonding between you and your puppy.
· Feeding training
Keeping a consistent feeding schedule is crucial in your puppy’s diet.
Consult with your vet on how often to feed and what portion size to give your new puppy. Do not forget to check the condition of your dog's poop.
Young puppies need exercise and play, which will help them to develop both physically and mentally.
Use the playing time to train your puppy as well as to build precious memories. Make sure to involve all your family members to train and play with the puppies.
*Dog Supply Checklist
· Nutritious dog food and treats
· Food bowl
· Water bowl
· Collar with license and ID tag
· Carrier crate
· Training crate
· Potty Pads, Dog waste bags
· Brush, nail clipper for grooming
· Dog toothbrush and adequate toothpaste
· Toys, maybe a few chew toys (indoor, outdoor)
· About TalkDog TalkDog is an online-based youth club for moms (or dads), and kids who love their pets wish to share their experiences and resources. TalkDog's Guide was made by Justin Seo, president of TalkDog, to promote the awareness of older dogs' physical and mental changes.
· Contact Information
첫번째로 소개하고 싶은 아티클은 반려견의 산책에 대한 기사이다. https://www.petmd.com/dog/behavior/importance-scent-walks-dogs
일반적으로 반려견들은 두가지 이유로 산책을 하는데, 하나는 변을 보기 위한 훈련이며 다른 하나는 운동을 위한 것이다. 이때 대부분의 개들이 코를 킁킁 거리며 뭔가를 따라 가는데 Benard/Columbia University교수 Alexandra Horowitz에 의하면그것은 그들이 사물을 인간처럼 눈으로 보는 위주가 아닌 냄새을 위주로 보는 것이기 때문이다. Smell Walk or Scent Walk 은 반려견들의 자연스러운 산책 방법이며, 주인들은 반려견들이 그런 냄새를 따라 걷는 시간을 인내심을 가지고 함께 보내야 되며, 그럼으로 얻는 혜택이 많다고 이야기 한다.
강아지 카페, 병원, 모임, 그리고 가게들에 대한 정보를 공유합니다. 관심있으신 청소년 혹은 부모님들께서는 이메일로 연락 주세요.